Cold weather calls for HOT soup!
Throw this minestrone in a crockpot in the morning and have a warm delicious lunch/dinner ready in a few hours!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2-3 carrots, peels and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 2 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can dicd organic tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot, except kale and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours
- When the soup is cooked, add kale
- Plase lid back on slow cooker and allow kale to wilt (approx. 5-10 minutes)
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve